Expungement of a Misdemeanor

What will an Expungement do to my record?

If you were convicted on a misdemeanor in California you can petition for a dismissal in which the court would allow you to withdraw your guilty or no contest (nolo contender) plea or verdict of guilty if you went to trial and then enter a not guilty plea. The court will then set aside and dismiss the conviction. Once the court sets aside and dismisses the conviction you will no longer considered convicted of that offense. Your criminal record will be changed to show a dismissal rather than a conviction. You can contact our office at 949-872-2700 to assist you with this process.